Adaptation Strategies: Australia
CSIRO, the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, is Australia's national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world. The CSIRO’s Climate Adaptation Flagship is enabling Australia to adapt more effectively to the impacts of climate change and variability and informing national planning, regulation and investment decisions.
Australia is a land of droughts and fires, storms and flooding rains; the driest inhabited continent with a dramatically variable climate of extremes. Australia’s climate shapes:
- Lives and livelihoods;
- Economic activities;
- Social wellbeing;
- The unique natural environment.
Responding to Climate Change
The National Research Flagships Program is delivering scientific solutions to advance Australia’s most vital national objectives. As of June 2013, more than A$100M had been committed to support collaborative activities within the CSIRO National Research Flagships Program. Flagships are partnerships of:
- Leading Australian scientists;
- Research institutions;
- Commercial companies;
- Selected international partners.
The CSIRO Energy Transformed Flagship contributes to mitigation through developments in energy technologies.
Explore CSIRO’s past and present climate change research here.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Climate Change?
- How it all began ...
- How does it affect me?
- What's being done?
- Ireland's Current International Status on Climate Performance
- Ireland's Kyoto Commitment
- National Carbon Budget
- National Strategies & Initiatives
- Down to Green Business
- Lights! Cycle! Action!
- Calculator Tools
- Kids 4 Change
- Hope on the horizon
- Any Questions?
- Useful Links
- Citizen Science
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- ENFOpoints 2010-2011
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction