The EPA has developed the “greenbusiness.ie” project, designed to help SME’s become more resource efficient. Greenbusiness.ie hosts web-based tools enabling businesses to carry out water and waste audits, and to identify “no and low-cost” efficiency measures that they can put in place to become more business efficient by reducing their environmental impact. Greenbusiness.ie users can also request free resource efficiency visits from trained consultants, with the aim of generating even further savings.
The Local Authority Prevention Network (LAPN)
The Local Authority Prevention Network (LAPN) works with Irish local authorities to deliver resource efficiency and waste prevention initiatives at local level. It follows on from the successful completion of the Local Authority Prevention Demonstration (LAPD) Programme (2006 – 2009) where 14 local authorities rethought their activities and achieved some excellent environmental and financial results.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Climate Change?
- How it all began ...
- How does it affect me?
- What's being done?
- Ireland's Current International Status on Climate Performance
- Ireland's Kyoto Commitment
- National Carbon Budget
- National Strategies & Initiatives
- Down to Green Business
- Lights! Cycle! Action!
- Calculator Tools
- Kids 4 Change
- Hope on the horizon
- Any Questions?
- Useful Links
- Citizen Science
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- ENFOpoints 2010-2011
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction