Renewable wind energy is an important industry in Co. Donegal. Each year, roughly 43 megawatts of electricity is generated from the five existing wind farms in the county. It is expected that an additional 20 megawatts of electricity will be generated over the next few years.
The major wind farms in Co. Donegal are:
- Meenderrygamph in Gweedore
- Drumlough Hill
- Finn Valley , Culliagh Mountain
The wind farms in Co. Donegal contribute to 1% of the national total of renewable energy.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- County Focus
- Cork City
- Dublin - Dublin City
- Dublin - South Dublin
- Dublin - Dún Laoghaire Rathdown
- Dublin - Fingal
- Limerick City
- Waterford City
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?