National Tree Week 2014
March 2nd - 8th March
National Tree Week will be held from 2nd – 8th March 2013. The theme this year is ‘The Sound of trees’. National Tree Week is an annual, week-long festival celebrating all positive aspects of trees in our lives and environment.
North Tipperary County Council provides free saplings to schools. If your school would like to avail of this offer, please contact Seamus O’ Brien on 087-7562933 from Monday 3rd March until Friday 7th March (until 1pm). Saplings must be collected from Nenagh during National Tree Week.
The following events will be held in North Tipperary to celebrate National Tree Week. In addition, many Primary and Secondary schools will host their own events, tree planting ceremonies etc.
Upperchurch/Drombane Community Association Walk for National Tree Week
Date and Time: Sunday 2nd March at 11.00 am.
Details: Tour through the trees on the Birchill Nature Trail,
Meeting Point: Start from P.J. Ryan’s Rosmult.
Further details on all walks in the area check out www.upperchurch.ie
Tree Walk at Cabragh Wetlands
Meeting Point: Cabragh Wetlands, Holycross Road, Thurles
Further details on www.cabraghwetlands.ie
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
Related LibrariesTipperary Libraries
Contact this library »
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- County Focus
- Cork City
- Dublin - Dublin City
- Dublin - South Dublin
- Dublin - Dún Laoghaire Rathdown
- Dublin - Fingal
- Limerick City
- River Suir
- Mitchelstown Cave
- Lough Derg
- Features of Tipperary
- Local Events & Information
- An Afternoon in the Park: Denis Burke Park, Clonmel, Co Tipperary
- Biodiversity Week 2012 events in North Tipperary
- Knockmealdown Active presents The Dawn Chorus
- LIT- Tipperary Green Week
- National Tree week events 2013
- North Tipperary Biodiversity Plan 2012
- NUIG Squirrel Distribution Survey 2011 - 2014
- Open the door to low carbon living
- RIVER SUIR SHOWCASE SEMINAR
- Seed Swap
- Self Sufficiency and Markets
- Upcoming Events
- Waterford City
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?