The coastline of Co. Waterford stretches for 147 km and boasts 49 sandy beaches. Many of these beaches have been awarded the international Blue Flag in recognition excellence in water safety, environmental information, management and a number of other areas.
The East Waterford Gaultier Coast is a peninsula contained by Waterford Harbour on one side and Tramore Bay on the other. Waterford Harbour is a natural harbour and it is here that the Three Sister Rivers, the Nore, the Suir and the Barrow, enter the sea.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- County Focus
- Cork City
- Dublin - Dublin City
- Dublin - South Dublin
- Dublin - Dún Laoghaire Rathdown
- Dublin - Fingal
- Limerick City
- Waterford City
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction