Strategic Environmental Assessment
Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) is driven by EU legislation. It is a process whereby environmental considerations can be factored into plans and programmes that are made by public authorities. It is an important piece of legislation as it opens up decision-making to the public at an early stage and allows those affected by such plans and programmes to have their say before final decisions are made. In that way, foreseeable mistakes can be avoided and the best environmental option can be selected.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction