Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment
- Tidy Towns
This is an annual competition in which the towns involved are judged and rated on all areas of the environment. The overall winner is given the title of 'Ireland's Tidiest Town'.
- Notice Nature
This campaign aims to raise public awareness of the importance of biodiversity, and to encourage people to protect biodiversity.
- National Planning Framework (NPF)
The NPF is a planning framework for Ireland that focuses on social, economic and physical development to 2040. It is a replacement for the National Spatial Strategy. See the video here.
- National Parks and Wildlife Service
The role of the National Parks and Wildlife Service is to protect species and habitats in Ireland. The Service also manages and develops our nature reserves and national parks.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction