Enforcement Planning and Management
Nationally, enforcement planning and management performance in 2016 was 'Above Target', showing an improvement from being ' On Target' in 2014 and 2015. Specific areas of interest within this include:
- The quality of local authority enforcement plans has consistently been 'Above Target' between 2014 and 2016.
- There have been continuous improvements in the timeliness of inspection and enforcement plans from 'Unsatisfactory' in 2014 to to 'Below Target' in 2016.
- All local authorities have assigned contacts for managing complaints and implementation of enforcement planning.
- The number of statutory enforcement notices and directions issued to local authorities from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) remains low demonstrating that local authorities are generally fulfilling their requirements with respect to enforcement planning and management.
Overall, 13 local authorities were 'Excellent', 16 were 'Above Target' or 'On Target', and 2 were 'Below Target', 'Minimum', or 'Unsatisfactory' with respect to enforcement planning and management in 2016.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- ENFOpoints 2010-2011
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction