Insulate Your Home
- Install double-glazed windows.
Insulate your attic. Up to 30% of the heat in your home can escape through poorly insulated attics. After two to three years, the insulation will have paid for itself.
Cavity wall insulation will significantly reduce the amount of energy you use. Almost one third of heat is lost through un-insulated walls.
Seal any cracks in your floorboards. You can buy sealant from a DIY shop and do it yourself to save cost.
Seal your letterbox and doors to exclude draughts. Again, seals are inexpensive and can be bought in most DIY shops.
More detailed guidelines on insulation during building construction may be accessed on the Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government website.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Sustainable Living Overview
- How To...Tips
- Grow Your Own Vegetables
- Keep Chickens
- Protect Habitats and Encourage Biodiversity
- Shop Local
- Use Less Water
- Reduce Water Pollution
- Reduce Waste Going to a Landfill
- Insulate Your Home
- Detect Radon
- Feed Wild Birds
- Build a Bird Box
- Make a Bird Table
- Protect our Natural Environment
- Prepare your Garden for the Winter
- Use Less Fossil Fuels
- Get Involved in the Community
- Get Involved with Green Initiatives
- Farming in Ireland Overview
- Posters and Factsheets
- Videos and Exhibitions
- Green Ideas
- Desktop Backgrounds & Gadgets