Packaging has two functions:
• to protect or contain a product
• to sell the product (marketing)
A packet needs to be designed in order to function, but it must also be aesthetically pleasing in order to attract the consumer to buy the product.
Packaging is often 3D. It originates as a flat piece of card or paper and is then folded and sealed so that it surrounds and encompasses the object.
Packaging contains lettering and images.
Packages come in various sizes and in various forms.
A package often contains:
-The name of the company or producer
-The name of the product
-A description of the product
-A picture or illustration of the product
Question: Why do you think it is important to have an image of the product on the packaging?
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Environmental and Social Studies
- Home Economics
- Games & 3D Tours
- How to do Research
- Find your Local LibraryFind your Local Library
- Ask a LibrarianAsk a Librarian
- How to do a ProjectHow to do a Project