Lartigue Monorailway Museum

Originally a goods shed for the Great Southern and Western Railway company (later CIE), it is now restored and has been transformed with an interpretative centre for the Lartigue Monorailway. The Lartigue monorailway, designed by Charles Lartigue (1834–1907), ran from Listowel to Ballybunion. It closed in 1924 after damage during the Irish Civil War (1922-1923). In 2003, a 1,000 metre section was recreated using replica steam locamotives. It is situated on John B. Keane Road, named after the local playwright.



John B Keane Road,


Co Kerry

Telephone: +353 (0) 6824393


Click here  to see a map showing Lartigue Monorailway Museum

previousPrevious - Kilgarvan Motor Museum
Next - McBride Gallerynext