Geissel: Bumps in the Fields and Crumbling Walls
From abbeys to wedge tombs, the long and varied history of Ireland has left us with an abundance of archaeological monuments.
This book is an indispensable companion for the local enthusiast engages in practical fieldwork, whether for his or her own enjoyment or with a view to improving a knowledge and understanding of the archaeological landscape and local heritage. It provides students, Sunday walkers, local historians, and budding amateur archaeologists with the opportunity to acquaint themselves with the history of the landscape around us.
A glossary of archaeological terms, a guide to Irish place names, a time line, overviews of disciplines of local studies and a list of types of archaeological monuments provide the broader perspective. Distribution diagrams of selected monuments and a simple key for the identification of field monuments are also included.
The book is presented in a scholarly yet clear manner and is richly illustrated making the practical study of our archaeological heritage accessible to everyone.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
Related LibrariesSouth Dublin County Library
Contact this library »
- eBooks by County
- Cork City
- Cork County
- Dublin City
- Dublin: South Dublin
- A Pictorial History of Brittas, Saggart, Newcastle and Rathcoole
- Ball: A History of the County Dublin
- Blacker: Brief Sketches Of The Parishes Of Booterstown And Donnybrook In The County Of Dublin
- Devine: The House of Corkagh
- Geissel: Bumps in the Fields and Crumbling Walls
- Handcock: The History and Antiquities of Tallaght
- Healy: All Roads Lead to Tallaght
- Healy: Glenasmole Roads
- Healy: Rathfarnham Roads
- Joyce: The Neighbourhood of Dublin
- McNally: South County Scrapbook
- Simington: The Civil Survey 1654-56, County of Dublin
- Statistical Survey of the County Dublin
- Tracy: If Those Trees Could Speak
- Whelan: The Battle of Jadotville
- Williams: St. Mochua and the Round Tower
- Dublin: Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown
- Dublin: Fingal
- Limerick City
- Limerick County
- Waterford City
- Waterford County
- eBooks by Subject
- Talking eBooks