Barry Castle

Just outside the village of Barry, in the parish of Taghsheenod, stand the ruins of Barry Castle.

The castle was levelled to the ground in 1295 by Geoffry O'Farrell, Chieftain of Annaly, to avenge an affront offered to him by the chieftain of Magh Breaghagh.

See above for an image of how the site of Barry Castle looks today.

Pdf Article about Barry Castle taken from History of the County Longford by James P. Farrell
Size: 28.8K bytesModified: 27 June 2008, 10:23


previousPrevious - Ballymacormack Church
Next - Bawn Housenext