Bibliography - Railways
Currivan, P.J. 'Athlone as a railway centre' in Journal of the Irish Railway Record Society, no 20, vol 4, Spring 1957, pp209-218.
Illingworth, Ruth in Mary Farrell (ed) Mullingar: essays on the history of a Midlands town in the 19th century. (Mullingar: Westmeath County Library, 2002) pp.126-166.
Illingworth, Ruth (ed) When the train came to Mullingar: 150 years of Mullingar Railway Station, 1848-1998. (Mullingar, 1998).
O'Brien, Gearoid 'The Coming of the railway to Athlone' in Bridie Gately and Peter Berry (ed's) Athlone Railway 1851-2001 commemorating 150 years of trains across the Shannon. (Athlone, 2001).
Shepherd, Ernie The Midland Great Western Railway of Ireland an illustrated history (Leicester: Midland Publishing Ltd., 1994).
Casey, Christine & Rowan, Alistair North Leinster the counties of Longford, Louth, Meath and Westmeath, The Buildings of Ireland series, (London: Penguin Books, 1993).
Williams, Jeremy A companion guide to architecture in Ireland 1837-1921 (Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 1994).
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
Related LibrariesWestmeath County Library
Contact this library »Westmeath County Library
Contact this library »
- Greening Communities
- Flora & Fauna
- Island Life
- Physical Landscape
- Place Names
- 20th Century Transport in Dublin
- Bypasses, Flyovers and Ferries: Donegal in the C21
- Cork Blackrock & Passage Railway
- Cork Tram
- Dublin & Blessington Steam Tram
- Dublin & South Eastern Railway
- Dublin Trams 1872-1959
- Growth of Transportation Networks in Carlow
- Infrastructure in County Donegal in the 19th Cen.
- Inland Waterways in Westmeath
- Ireland's First Garage
- Midland Great Western Railway in Westmeath
- Rian Bo Phadraig
- Roads & Bridges in County Donegal - Beginnings
- The Bridges of Donegal County
- The Cork and Youghal Railway
- The Flight of the Bremen
- The Lucan Tram
- Tralee & Dingle Railway
- Transport at Dún Laoghaire Port
- Transport Infrastructure in Mayo
- Waterford and Tramore Railway
- Waterford County Bridges
- Waterford City Bridges
- Waterford, Dungarvan and Lismore Railway
- Waterford Port
- Waterford Railways
- Waterford's Shipyards
- Marine Environment