Martry Mill

Introduction

Martry Mill is located on the south bank of the river Blackwater between Navan and Kells in county Meath . The first mention of this mill occurs in the Civil Survey of 1654-56 though it would have been in existence well before that.

In 1859 Thomas Tallon became the miller on the Martry estate of the local landlord, Tisdall of Charlesfort. In 1904 his son, James, bought the mill and the family have operated it since then.



Next - The Different Parts of the Millnext