EU National Focal Organisation
Within the EU, there are almost 900 experts from 37 countries in over 300 national environment agencies and other bodies managing environmental information. This is co-ordinated under the European Information and Observation Network (EIONET), a partnership of the European Environment Agency (EEA) and EU member States.
National Focal Points (NFPs), which are environmental organisations, are appointed by EEA member countries at a national level as the primary links between the EEA and the national EIONET partners. The Environmental Protection Agency acts as the NFP in an Irish context, co-ordinating environmental information exchange with the EEA and others.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- ENFOpoints 2010-2011
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction