Detect Radon

Radon is a radioactive gas that occurs naturally. You cannot see it, smell it or taste it and can only be measured using special equipment. Many barriers to radon are ineffective, so it is very important to check your home for the gas.

For an average sized home, two detectors are usually used. The detectors should be left in place for three months and then returned to The Radon Centre for analysis.

The Radiological Protection Institute of Ireland (RPII) is the national organisation responsible for regulating, monitoring and advising on matters relating to ionising radiation. Additional information on radon and radioactive contamination in the environment can be found on the EPA website, as the RPII is now part of the EPA. 

previousPrevious - Insulate Your Home
Next - Feed Wild Birdsnext