Use Less Fossil Fuels
- Buy food that is locally produced. If it is produced at a farm nearby, then less fuel is needed to transport it.
- Wherever possible, avoid buying processed foods. These take more energy to produce, and fresh foods are more nutritious!
- Install solar panels on your roof at home so you can generate more renewable energy instead of relying entirely on oil, gas etc.
- Before you turn on the ignition, ask yourself if you really need to take the car. If you’re taking a short journey, why not walk or cycle instead of using more fossil fuels?
- Get an electric car
- Reduce the temperature on your heating system. One degree less will save you 10% on your bills as well as using less fuel.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Sustainable Living Overview
- How To...Tips
- Grow Your Own Vegetables
- Keep Chickens
- Protect Habitats and Encourage Biodiversity
- Shop Local
- Use Less Water
- Reduce Water Pollution
- Reduce Waste Going to a Landfill
- Insulate Your Home
- Detect Radon
- Feed Wild Birds
- Build a Bird Box
- Make a Bird Table
- Protect our Natural Environment
- Prepare your Garden for the Winter
- Use Less Fossil Fuels
- Get Involved in the Community
- Get Involved with Green Initiatives
- Farming in Ireland Overview
- Posters and Factsheets
- Videos and Exhibitions
- Desktop Backgrounds