Sustainable Living Overview
This is our earth - let’s not use it all up.
To live sustainably, we humans must use the earth's resources at a rate that leaves enough for generations to come. This is easier said than done, but the effects of living beyond our means are beginning to be seen in our everyday lives.
The idea of sustainable living is becoming most prominent in the public domain, as it can be related to sustainable cities, agriculture and buildings.
Al Gore’s ‘Inconvenient Truth’ and other films like it has meant that consumer awareness is at its highest. Media outlets now cover issues of climate change, droughts and floods, energy supply, the price of oil and the need for change. In turn, government agencies have honed in on these issues and began policies and initiatives to help us lead sustainable lives.
An old chinese proverb sums it up well; "One generation plants a tree; the next generation gets the shade."
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Sustainable Living
- Sustainable Living Overview
- How To...Tips
- Farming in Ireland Overview
- Posters and Factsheets
- Videos and Exhibitions
- Green Ideas
- Desktop Backgrounds & Gadgets
- Television & Radio Programmes
- Waste Management
- Climate Change
- Culture in Ireland
- Ireland: Geographical & Political Island
- Ireland's Geography
- Ireland's History
- Education in Ireland
- Irish Flag
- Irish National Anthem
- Role of the Irish President
- The Irish Constitution
- The Irish Economy
- Environmental and Social Studies
- Home Economics
- Games & 3D Tours
- How to do Research
- Find your Local LibraryFind your Local Library
- Ask a LibrarianAsk a Librarian
- How to do a ProjectHow to do a Project