St. Patrick's College Maynooth - Russell Library

The Russell Library houses the collections of St Patrick's College Maynooth, which was founded as the national Catholic seminary in 1795.  The lofty reading room of the Russell Library was built to the design of Augustus Welby Pugin and completed in 1861. It was the main library until 1984 and is now the research library. Named after Charles William Russell (1812-80) who was president of Maynooth College from 1857 until 1880, and who built up the library's collections, it now houses the early-printed books (pre-1851), manuscripts and archives.


St. Patrick's College
Co. Kildare  

Phone: +353 1 708 3890

Click   here  to see a map showing NUI Maynooth - Russell Library

previousPrevious - NUI Maynooth - John Paul II Library