- Waterford Railways
Environment & Geography | Waterford County Library
- Waterford, Dungarvan and Lismore Railway
Environment & Geography | Waterford City Library
- Waterford County Bridges
Transport | Waterford County Library
- Waterford and Tramore Railway
Transport | Waterford City Library
The Tralee and Dingle Light Railway provided a passenger and freight service for 62 years until it closed in 1953.
Read More »
Horses, coaches, sedan chairs, boats, trains, buses, trams , read Ireland's rich & colourful history of transport and infrastructure by Bernard Share.
Midland Great Western Railway Station Athlone
Early 20th Century view of the Midland Great Western Railway Station Athlone, architect J.S. Mulvany. This is an Edwardian view of the Midland Great Western Railway Station in Athlone, which was one of two railway stations in Athlone. Located on a site at Ranelagh on the west side of Athlone, the road which was constructed to connect this station with the town centre became the main Athlone-Galway road. The station opened in 1851 when the first train crossed the Shannon to the west of Ireland. It was designed by the architect J.S. Mulvany who also designed the Broadstone Station in Dublin. It consists of a long Italianate frontage of seventeen bays. This spacious building once housed both a busy railway station and a railway hotel. It closed in 1983 and now serves as engineering offices for Irish Rail.
Out of copyright
Captain Hermann Koehl and Baron Guenther Von Huenefeld
Photograph depicting Captain Hermann Koehl (co-pilot) and Baron Guenther Von Huenefeld (passenger), two men, who, along with Irishman James C. Fitzmaurice, made the first East-West flight across the Atlantic Ocean in April 1927.
Baldonnel Aerodrome before 1928
Aerial photograph of Baldonnel before 1928, the year the Bremen took off on its trans-atlantic flight.
By kind permission of the Photographic Section of the Irish Air Corps, Baldonnel
Kingstown (Dún Laoghaire) looking East
A view south over the center of Kingstown towards Sandycove, taken [?] from the town hall, before the building of the Pavilion. In view from left to right are: The East Pier, the 1823 George IV Monument, the National Yacht Club, the boathouse that sheltered the lifeboat, the sunken railway track across the foreshore, the Harbour Master's House (Moran Park house) and the Mariners Church on the extreme left.
Courtesy of the National Library of Ireland
A photograph from the Lawrence collection of a tram in Cork City.
Dublin Tramways Company horse-drawn tram
Dublin Tramways Company horse-drawn tram travelling from Sackville Street (now O'Connell Street)
A Sketch of Edgeworthstown's poor during the Great Famine (Longford County Library)
A Sketch of Edgeworthstown's poor during the Great Famine. This was taken as they assembled for soup in February 1847.
Number 80 tram on O'Connell St.
Tram No.80 was converted from being horse-drawn to electric in October 1898.
By kind permission from Dublin City Council
Courtesy of Raimund Specht of Avisoft Bioacoustics.
Environment & Geography
Sorry, no related documents were found.Search for All Fetured Documents »