Where can I get further advice?
Further information and advice on asbestos is available from a number of sources.
- Manufacturers, installers and retailers of equipment can usually advise you on whether materials contain asbestos and recommend remedial measures.
- Your local authority will advise on asbestos disposal.
- You should contact an environmental health officer of your local health board if you are concerned about the health aspects of exposure to asbestos.
- You should consult your general practitioner or health board if you are concerned about your own health or the health of a member of your family and feel you/they have been exposed to asbestos.
- You should contact the Health and Safety Authority, The Metropolitan Building, James Joyce Street, Dublin 1 (Tel: 1890 289 389 Email: email@example.com ) if you wish to obtain information in relation to the handling and use of asbestos.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Unsustainable Development
- Pressures on the Environment from Urban Living
- Pressures on the Environment from Rural Living
- The Importance of Planning, and Abiding by the Plan
- Buildings that Last a Long Time
- Insulation and Resource Use
- Asbestos Materials
- Greening Our Cities
- How You Can Help
- Public Consultations
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?