Environment & Health
Environment and health, in its broadest sense, comprises those aspects of human health, disease, and injury that are influenced by factors in the environment. This includes not only the study of the direct effects of various pollutants, but also the effects on health of the broad physical and social environment, which includes housing, urban development, land-use and transportation, industry, and agriculture (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2010).
It is clear then that human health protection is a fundamental aspect of environmental protection, and so we must be clear that a clean environment will lead to better health for all of us.
Upload to this page
Add your photos, text, videos, etc. to this page.
- Ireland's Environment Overview
- Environmental Governance
- Air Quality
- The Built Environment
- Waste Management
- Aarhus Convention
- Climate Change
- Health and Wellbeing
- Featured Articles
- County Focus
- Environmental Awareness Initiatives
- Education, Training & Exhibitions
- Public Consultations & Review Procedure
- Environmental Impact Statements
- Who Does What?
- Energy Resources: Renewable and Non-Renewable
- Environmental Assessment
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Local Authority Environmental Enforcement
- Mineral Extraction