Mullingar Stations


This station, to the design of J. S. Mulvany, who also designed both the Broadstone Station in Dublin and the MGWR Station in Athlone was described by Jeremy Williams, in his A companion to architecture in Ireland 1837-1921 as: "the quirkiest 19th century railway station in Ireland, designed to fit between two railway lines, one curving and the other straight, to meet in front of the main pavillion"

Newbrook (Mullingar)


In 1902 the MGWR opened a new railway siding with two separate platforms at Newbrook to serve Mullingar Race-Course. This closed in 1929.

previousPrevious - Moate Station
Next - Multyfarnham and Streamstown Stationsnext